How to Be Happy
Not sure if I got this from the New York Times, CNN or TED. But the formula for getting out of the doldrums and feel better in general is as follows:
1. CONNECT – invest time and energy in your relationships with your loved ones.
2. BE ACTIVE – best way to change your mood is to step outside in the fresh air or turn on the tunes and dance.
3. TAKE NOTICE – be aware of things around you, the seasons, messages within your body, subtle rhythms of life.
4. KEEP LEARNING – be curious, be open to trying new things.
5. GIVE – generosity and compassion are hardwired to the reward mechanism in our brain. It just FEELS GOOD.
And if that doesn’t work, it’s been scientifically proven that it is impossible to frown and eat ice cream at the same time. Not sure if it works for just chocolate.